There is a new dance studio in town and they are making a name for themselves with the local nonprofits. As a way to introduce themselves and give back to the community they now call home, the talented instructors and staff at the Allstar Dance Studio Naples are connecting with local charities to orchestrate fundraisers and community outreach events. In fact, this Sunday December 1st at 6pm, the Dreamscape Foundation will be teaming up with them to put on a Holiday Dance Party event! So let’s meet our co-hosts…
Dance, Dance, and more Dance
The Allstar Dance Studio in Naples views the art of dancing not just as a hobby, but as a way of life. Their friendly and knowledgeable instructors are experts in over a dozen styles of dancing. Offering both group and private lessons they have classes that fit every occasion. I had the chance to speak with one instructor, Jesse Gomez, who has been dancing nearly his entire life. Jesse explained how he came from a family of dancers. They were constantly dancing and playing music at parties and while they weren’t all professionals, it didn’t matter. Dancing was something they all loved and could share with one another. So for Jesse dancing is a true passion not just a career. So much so in fact, to this day he cannot decide on which style is his favorite. His reasoning, “I love something different about each form”. This simple statement is a perfect explanation of how each form may differ but they all have their own unique beauty and elegance.
So you may be asking, what forms of dance do they teach? However, it might be easier to ask what forms they don’t teach! In total, the Studio offers lessons in 14 different styles of dance! Please see below for the complete list and description of each style:
- Known for being the most sensual dance in the world. The movements will force you to fall in love with your partner!
- West Coast Swing
- A smooth style that is danced in a slot. The dance allows room for syncopated footwork and improvisation. It can be danced to a wide range of music including Rhythm and Blues, Country Western, Funk, Disco, Rock and Pop.
- Viennese Waltz
- Characterized by its speed (faster than Waltz), as well as its rise, fall and sway (less than Waltz). With its elegance and turns, Viennese Waltz has an air of magic about it.
- The national dance of Brazil, which is meant to be danced solo in celebration or pride. However, in the US it has evolved into a couple’s dance performed in most ballroom settings.
- Merengue is the national dance of the Dominican Republic. Musically, it has links with Cuba but the dance belongs to the island of Hispaniola.
- Known for being a fast and spicy dance characterized by strong Cuban motion, staccato movement and expression of rhythm through the body.
- Cha Cha
- Originated in Cuba and evolved from a slow version of Mambo called “Triple Mambo”.
- East Coast Swing
- An energetic, fast dance, usually done with triple steps and rock steps to Big Band or contemporary music that ‘swings’.
- This rapid, high energy swing dance can be coupled with any upbeat, fast-paced music from any genre or era.
- Born in the slums of Buenos Aires in the late 19th century from a mixture of different cultural rhythms and steps, it is known for being a highly passionate dance.
- Best characterized as a sensual dance that is to be accompanied by romantic music.
- This smooth and elegant dance has become a very popular Ballroom dance with beginners and advanced dancers alike.
- Known best for being a truly great club dance, one that is fun, accessible, sexy, and constantly evolving with each new generation.
- This is the granddaddy of all ballroom dances, and set the standard for various forms to follow.
These various styles of dance range from slow to fast and everything in between. Classes are available regularly and multiple class options are offered. These options include Private Classes, Group Classes, and Wedding Dance Lessons. Whether you are a beginner or advanced dancer, the expert instructors at the Allstar Dance Studio will help you learn, improve, and perfect your favorite dances.
Making a grand entrance
Being the new kid in town is never easy. Making introductions and trying to show people who you are can be even more difficult. That is why the Allstar Dance Studio decided to take a different approach when opening up in Naples, FL. They put the community first and contacted the Dreamscape Foundation, as well as a number of other local nonprofits looking to help. They offered to host an event for each to help raise funds or provide a fun night of entertainment to the people they serve. The Allstar Dance Studio team believes highly in helping those in need and being active members of the community and we are proud to welcome them!
Holiday Dance Party Details
Open to all and sure to be a night you won’t want to miss, the Dreamscape Foundation and Allstar Dance Studio will be hosting a Holiday Dance and Pizza Party event! This Sunday December 1st, the festivities begin at 6pm opening up with a group dance lesson. Following the lesson, a wild and crazy all out dance party will take place! The only reason you’ll want to get off the dance floor is to grab a slice or a cold drink before you get back to it. The party will be held at the Allstar Dance Studio located at 4910 Tamiami Trail North Suite 118, Naples, Florida 34103. The entry fee is $5/person or for groups of 3+, just bring one unwrapped children’s toy or gift to support kids in need this Holiday Season.
For any questions or additional details, please email Nick Sibilia at email@example.com or visit our Facebook Event page. To find out more about the Allstar Dance Studio, please visit their website or Facebook Page for class details and schedules. We hope to see you all there to enjoy in the fun and help us in Sharing the Dream!« PreviousNext »